The Heineken USA brewing company and the Black Ambition Foundation will present an award to African-American and Latino entrepreneurs.
The call for Black Ambition 2022 was launched on March 7 and closes on May 8. It is an initiative that aims to reduce the barriers faced by African-American and Latino entrepreneurs in the United States. Participants compete for a prize of more than 2 million dollars to boost their entrepreneurship.
The Black Ambition Prize will award two prizes aimed at the African-American and Latino community, and another for students or graduates of a Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU). The award seeks to give students and recent graduates access to capital growth, pitch feedback, and mentoring.
The innovations and projects have been divided into five categories:
- Consumer products and services
- Medical care
- Web 3.0.
Los equipos deben estar conformados por al menos dos personas que vivan en Estados Unidos, y no hay un límite para el número de integrantes. De esta forma, equipos seleccionados participarán por premios desde 25 mil a 1 millón de dólares.
Some of the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The project is designed for legal implementation in the United States,
- The project has shown progress, is a viable product, or has a consumer base.
- It has raised less than 1 million dollars for the development of the project.
- That at least one founding member of the project identifies as Black/African/African American and/or Hispanic/Latino.
- In the case of the award addressed to the HBCEU, this member must be a student, graduated, from an educational institution affiliated with the HBCU.
In the following link you will find complete information about this award and how to apply: https://platform.younoodle.com/competition/the_black_ambition_prize_2022